Thursday, March 22, 2012

A painting just taught me a lesson...




Remember my painting "Learning to hold with open hands"? I think it just taught me a lesson. It's weird, I usually scan all of my painting in high resolution and keep them organized by month.  My business depends almost entirely on those images.  I was about to make the woodblocks from that image and guess what? It wasn't there. It is not in the backup either... it's just not here.  So I think it taught me a lesson, the very lesson it was on it.  I could recover an image to make small prints but not the big ones... anyway, I think I definitely learned to hold with open hands, and let them go if they don't want to stay here, right?

5 comments:

lizziebusy said...

Yes, right! I agree with you.

lizziebusy said...

Yes, right! I agree with you

Kathy, PaperPumpkin said...

Intriguing! Was it meant to be?!

polkadothill said...

it's funny what we learn when our hearts and hands are open....

Beth said...

This is the lesson that I have been learning for the last 4.5 months.