The Bunny Bug


This is the current state of my studio. I've got the bunny bug.

 It all started with her. My daughter have been having nightmares and trouble falling asleep and I made this little doll for her to keep her company at night. Then I realized something. She needed ears. Bunny ears, that is.
 

 So I took out my fabric, my sewing machine and sewing supplies and got to work.


 I made one and I got hoked.
I gave her little skinny arms and attached them with buttons so she could move the arms.

 Then I made more.

This process is very addictive. All the textures, the fabrics, the colors, the buttons just call for a never ending process and an infinite array of possibility.

 I got to finish one. It was 2:00 am in the morning. The others went to sleep quietly. I stayed a bit admiring her.

She's so pretty. But alone. I'll have to finish the others soon. Rabbits multiply quickly and she doesn't like being alone. Once I finished them they will be for adoption. I'll show you more pics soon!

Comments

Carmen said…
She's adorable Danita.
Denise said…
Well,she is just the cutest little bunny girl! I love her! :D
Chandra Merod said…
Very cute! The materials are a great combination. Hope her dreams are sweet and filled with bunnies like yours!
what beauty! Very much it is pleasant to me!
Lisa said…
Perfection!!! As always from you
Unknown said…
So cute! I love all of the colours and patterns. Your creativity is inspiring! :)

-Sasha
http://sashafitzgerald.blogspot.ca/
They are so cute!!! Love them!
Linda J said…
So Cute! I love her skinny spaghetti legs and arms. How did you make her eyes? Are they stitched or drawn?

Popular Posts