A lifetime dream...


Yesterday I fulfilled one of my lifetime dreams... You'll see. As a child, I used to play that I had my own store and I made calculators with a rolled piece of paper that I unrolled and pressed as if it had keys. I dreamed about a real one. I longed for one with one of those cute rolls where you could print lots and lots of number! As an adult, I just forgot about it, but yesterday I went to pick up some office supplies ... and I couldn't resist!!! I bought one! (Mr. Danita insisted we didn't needed one... I insisted I NEDEED it!). So I didn't make any art yesterday, I spent all my time typing numbers and adding and subtracting! (it prints in red too!)... I felt like a child again! Mr. Danita told me he hadn't seen me that excited over anything... he was right. And my daughter loves it too! I think she won't have to play with a piece of paper when she gets older :P

Comments

sUz said…
Hi,
I am so excited that you bought one for yourself! My Dad is an accountant and I remember as a kid watching him cram numbers on one. When he wasn't using it I would sneak and play. He would always know I used it because his settings were changed. Anyway, I finally got my own now that I'm all grown up but the memories sure do come flooding back!
Can't wait to see what you do next - the crackled paintings you have on eBay are so amazing!
iN jOy,
sUz
~Red Tin Heart~ said…
very cool. some things inspire me as well. beautiful material, blank notebooks, new pens. you will make your dream a reality. xoxo nita
Susan said…
What a fun thing to have. If you aren't fast on the keyboard, check out YouTube and search for 10 Key Tutorial. It looks like fun.
Susan K.
suze said…
It's the simple pleasures in life!My daughter bought my grandson a dirt bike for Christmas and all he wanted and played with was a simple stacking cups game that cost $20.
Danita said…
Thank you Susan! Actually I'm very quick with the letters but not much with the numbers, that tutorial helped!!!

And Suz, you were a lucky girl!!!
noodle and lou said…
Yay for fun new toys!! I love those too:) I am freakily fast on those things...I always imagined it would be my claim to fame and I would go on the road as the fastest calculator girl ever! hehehe!! xoxo...jenn
Anonymous said…
Funn funn fun!! I totally know what you are talking about! As a kid all I wanted was a cash register! A real one!! I sent away for a catalog..and asked "Santa" for one 4 years in a row. : )

We also played "secretary"..and typed on upside down tissue boxes with hand drawn keys, and talked on television remote controls!...ohh and rode our stairs as an elevator..lol..my gosh I wish I had it on film!! too funny! My sister and I both decided to be "Mary" the perfect name for a secretary!! LOL


Anyhoo...Congrats on your new toy!! Happy adding!!
xoxo Jenny
Danita said…
You totally get me Jenny! I played a lot too. I used to love to go to the bank with my mom so I could take some forms home and play with them. Ooooh those wonderful years!!!
Kylee Baumle said…
Oh Danita, I'm so happy for you! I loved this post. I have this same printing calculator. Isn't it great?

I don't think I've commented on your art before, but I'm entranced by it. One of these days, I will have one for my very own!

Popular Posts