Before and after

I just found an old image of one of my paintings from years ago and decided to make it again.... I can't believe how much I've evolved!!

Back then i used lots of gritty texture and no collage. The texture didn't allow for much detail either...

Now, beeswax collage with lots of details. Pastels, watercolors, pencils on wood with a background of vintage papers let me work more on my subject.... specially in the face and hands.

Can you believe the same person painted both?

New Frida on my Etsy (sold, thanks!)

Comments

Sabbio said…
I love to see your evolution and I love the "old" one too... it's different but really beautiful for other reasons :)
ladyblackness said…
me gusta muchisimo mas la tuya!! la verdad es que frida te queda preciosa!
Hey I love this idea. I often go back and look at my old paitings to see the evolution, but I love that you actually remade the original to have a perfect comparison! Ideas Ideas. I love your style it is your own and no one could ever duplicate your perfection!

Smooches
Steph
Danita said…
Thank you Sabbio. It's really hard to compare both works, they're so different!

Rebeca, las dos las hice yo :P

Steph, you should try it too.. it's really fun to see your evolution :)
Ro Bruhn said…
I think they're both fantastic, it's nice to have a few styles, it expands your horizons.
Cris said…
That's really interesting that you did a remake of an old painting! I have only been selling paintings less than a year, but mine have changed a lot too. It's fun to see, isn't it?
Carolyn said…
Oh my gosh! Your Frida is unbelievable! She looks great!
Anonymous said…
Dani, i am so proud of you!!! All your painting is beautiful and i can see your success! I thank god for your friendship even when we are away. I miss u =)
onegoldensun said…
Beautiful paintings, I agree that it is really interesting to revisit old work. Kinda like reading old diaries, there is a distinct shift in some places, and a continuity as well. I hope to get back to painting again soon so that I can see my own evolution, too. :)Lovely, inspiring blog!

Popular Posts