I learned about Thanksgiving just a couple of years ago. It is not a Mexican tradition, but is a tradition that I've happily adopted. I get together with my neighbors and we bring food and laugh and talk and give thanks. I think it is very important being thankful for all the blessings we have received.
I must confess that I don't pray when I'm going to bed, instead I like to give thanks for 5 blessings each day. Just 5. I now there are more than that but narrowing to just 5 helps me prioritize what it's more important in my life and also helps a lot to remind me that no matter how bad things get some days, there's always more than 5 things to be thankful for.
Even in the worst days I give thanks because I have a bed to rest and a warm house. I have food in my table and a fabulous husband and a beautiful, healthy daughter. I'm even thankful for being able to open the faucet and get water... and I'm lucky enough to decide if I want it warm or cold. There are so many who doesn't have those blessings.
Today, I'd like to give thanks to you.
- Thank you for letting me leave my dream. Your support means a lot to me.
- Thank you for your feedback, good and bad, it helps me be a better artist and a better person.
- Thank you for taking the time to look at my art, to leave a comment or to add me to your favorites. In this cyber world with thousands of blogs and shops opening everyday, I'm very thankful for each person who comes by mine and takes a moment to look at what I have to share.
- Thank you for buying stuff from me no matter how big or small. What matters is that by purchasing something from me you allow me to continue with this journey.
- Thank you for sharing your stories with me. I'm not that good at making friends, but thanks to you opening your hearts to me, I've met loads of wonderful people and made so much friends that I could have done otherwise.