Art attack....



I don't know if you have noticed but I'm quite obsessive. Every person who knows me knows that once I have something in my mind I don't rest until it's done... Specially with art. It doesn't matter how but that idea will find a way to torture me restless until I put it on paper... or canvas ... or fabric or in whatever it should be done. It's when I get my "art attacks". Today it's 7:30 pm and I haven't showered... I haven't cooked any food and I'm in my studio cutting and pasting and painting. I have this idea in my mind that just doesn't come right... and I won't rest until it does!!!

Same happened on Saturday.... I took a shower very early, went to buy some stuff and returned home and didn't stop working until 3 a.m. I just needed to make some brooches with my recent faces paintings. They're now finished and they''ll be on my Etsy shop Friday night they are on my Etsy shop if you want to take one home. They are one of a kind as all my brooches and as always... I never know if I'll make more, so grab yours while you can :)

Anyway, I'll go back to work. I'll have to take advantage of this inspired mood while it lasts... see you!

Comments

You and I have a lot in common! I do the same thing with my projects. I like how you call them "art attacks". I'm going to tell Hubby that's what I'm calling them from now on. ;)

Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage
Anonymous said…
Dear Danita,
I am familiar with the Art Attack Disease . I try to keep it under control but it's more powerful than we are. When I am in one of these "crisis" I can't even sleep. I am sending you my best wishes!!! And I can't wait to see the result of your current crisis!!!
Yay!!!! Have a very happy Art Attack time!!
Elsita :)
Flora Chang said…
Awww Danita, I am totally the same...
I know it's such a bad habit but it's hard to change. Just remember to get a good sleep when you are done. Hugs!
Unknown said…
I am the same way! I love your new project...so cute!!!
Sabbio said…
I totally understand you though it's difficult to stay a long time in my art with two children. But I too can skip a meal or go to sleep very late when I'm in my art :)
nancye williams said…
I do the same thing. I think that is why in old days artists were apprentices so they didn't go crazy cuz none of us knows when to stop. My friends are the same way. Imagine is every one made art with that energy instead of war????
holli said…
Danita, te deje un premio en mi blog, pasate cunado quieras!!!
Hola Danita! Yo soy misma! Debor hacer todo ahorita! All you create is beautiful! Tengo una pregunta (otra vez!!!). Where do you buy your clear sleeves and cardboard in which you ship your prints and aceos? I got some but they are so cheap, not good enough to send my art in... Getting prepared to return for good in my studio on September 1st!!! Muchas gracias and buon fin de semana, amiga! LuLu
Carolee said…
I'm right there with you on the single-mindedness when it comes to bringing an idea to life! When my daughter was young, she once brought a friend home, who approached me with a question while I was deep in concentration, and as I was processing the distraction (but hadn't yet answered) I remember my daughter explaining to her "My Mom can't hear when she's painting"....And she's right. The house could crumble down around me and I wouldn't notice, lol.

Love your work and your blog, and look forward to getting to know you in PFATT. :)

~ Carolee
sMacThoughts said…
I get very mild art attacks. ;) While I don't go as far as you do (and sometimes wish I could/would) I think my day job and the stronger lure of getting out in the fresh air on days off (even if it's sleeting or messy weather) keep me from getting too single-minded. But your kind seems great to me! I must go check the latest out in your shop!
Danita said…
I now see that I'm not alone!!! And I know how difficult is to devote full time to art... I was lucky that day that my daughter took her nap late (at 3:30) and that my husband returned home at 6:00... so he could take care of her while I worked... No so lucky other days, when I have to wait until she falls asleep, but at night :P
Anonymous said…
Que hermosas cosas haces



me encantaron.
Erica Herbert said…
these are SOOO amazing! i LOVE them! you ROCK!
peace&love.
e
www.blujaystudio.com
Erica Herbert said…
these are SOOO amazing! i LOVE them! you ROCK!
peace&love.
e
www.blujaystudio.com
Krissy said…
Oh, that sea of faces painting and the mermaid doll are simply divine! I love them. Your binges until 3am are definitely paying off!
Krissy

Popular Posts